Touch and Gesture
Touch and Gesture
- Buttons, Sliders, Wheels and Proximity
- Touchpads and Touchscreens
- 3D Gestures
- Design Partners
- Touch Development Tools
GestIC® Technology Colibri Gesture Suite
Microchip's Colibri Gesture Suite is an easy-to-use library of GestIC technology features. By analyzing today’s user interfaces, Microchip has developed the suite to be functional, intuitive and fun. For ease of use, the features are pre-processed on-chip to allow manufacturers to realize powerful user interfaces with very low development efforts.
The Colibri Suite uses a Hidden Markov Model (HMM) based gesture recognition engine in conjunction with x/y/z hand-position vector post-processing. It provides highest user independent recognition rates of 3D hand and finger gestures.
- On-chip, ready-to-use suite
- Sophisticated Hidden Markov Model based gesture recognition
- Highest recognition rates
- Optimized for most intuitive gestures
- Fast design and time to market success for developers.
- Real-time features, running concurrently
- Customizable per individual OEM request
The Colibri Suite features high-resolution x/y/z hand position tracking, flick, circle , and touch gestures to perform input commands such as open application, point, click, zoom, scroll, mouse-over and many others without the need to touch the device.
Mobile-Friendly and Always-On
Approach Detection is a programmable function that scans for user activity while the chip is in self wake-up mode. If real user interaction is detected, the system automatically switches into full-sensing mode and alternates back to wake-up mode once the user leaves the sensing area. As a result, always-on 3D gesture sensing becomes a reality, even for battery-powered products.